Setting your DIABETESprevent challenge: steps and recommended times
To prevent obesity and diabetes type 2, keeping a healthy weight is clue, to reach this goal we shall keep an active life, and do moderate exercise. It is a challenge we shall pursue together, and with DIABETESprevent app we can do it. Let´s see how.
Achieving your exercise goals is easier and funnier using apps that follow up your daily activity. Three of the easier ways to go ahead with the follow up of your physical activity are:
- Synchronize your Patia pedometer
- Using your smartphone with Google Fit (android) or Apple Health Kit (iOS)
- Using bracelets like Fitbit, Runkeeper or Withing.
Whatever is your choice just have to synchro DIABETESprevent app selecting your option at the DEVICES section in the main menu (You can watch how to synchro your devices in this post.
What’s next? Set up your healthy challenge in DIABETESprevent main screen, click on the setting icon to get into “Set your challenge” section:
Enter your data here, enter your age in recommended steps per day table:
Depending on the type of exercise you practice, and the time you put into it, you´ll reach different goals:
Check often during the daytime the progression of your challenge. In case there is a little left to reach your daily goal, try to get down the bus before your regular stop, avoid the lifter and walk the steps up, or just give yourself a present and get out for a little walk at the end of the day!
You can get to know more DIABETESprevent functions in this video.
Latest posts by PATIA Diabetes (see all)
- Coronavirus y Diabetes: guidelines - 27 March, 2020
- Interview with Jaakko Tuomilehto: the key role of genetics in prevention of type 2 diabetes - 28 April, 2017
- Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and kidney disease - 10 April, 2017