In accordance with the provisions of Law 34/2002 of 11 July on information society services and electronic commerce, you are hereby informed of the following:
You are visiting the web page https://www.patiadiabetes.com/ owned by PATIA EUROPE S.L., with registered address at Paseo Mikeletegi 69-3º, postal code 20009, Donostia-San Sebastián, Tax ID No. B75147678, registered in the Companies Registry of Gipuzkoa in volume 27369, folio 175, page SS-38253, hereinafter, the OWNER.
You can contact the Owner through any of the following means:
By means of this document we inform you of the terms and conditions governing access to and use of the websites and mobile applications belonging to the Owner, as well as the services and contents associated with said sites and applications (hereinafter also site(s) or websites and mobile apps).
Access to or use of a website and/or app of the Owner by any interested party means that said interested party acquires the condition of “user” and with said condition, a series of rights and obligations.
It is your responsibility to access the legal conditions presented in this website and read them carefully. The same shall apply for privacy policies, cookies, or where applicable, sale conditions. We recommend:
- 1- That you read the legal conditions every time you intend to access or use the services and contents of the site and
- 2- That you print or store a copy in your system.
USE OF THE PORTAL
This website provides Internet access to a plethora of information, services, programs, or data (hereinafter “the contents”) belonging to the Owner or its licensors to which the User may have access.
The User assumes responsibility for the use of the portal. Said responsibility extends to the registration that may be necessary to access certain services or contents. In said registration, the User will be responsible for providing truthful and lawful information. The User may be provided with a password as a result of this registration and the User shall be responsible for said password, undertaking to use it diligently and confidentially.
The User undertakes to make appropriate use of the contents and services (for example, chat services, discussion forums, or news groups) offered by the Owner through its portal and to refrain from using them, by way of non-limiting example, in the following manner:
- To engage in activities that are illicit, illegal or contrary to good faith and public order.
- To disseminate contents or propaganda that are racist, xenophobic, pornographic-illegal, in support of terrorism, or in violation of human rights.
- To cause damage to the physical and logical systems of the Owner, its providers, or third parties by introducing or spreading computer viruses in the network or any other physical or logical systems that are likely to cause the aforementioned damage.
- To try to access and, where applicable, use the email accounts of other users and modify or manipulate their messages.
- To use the website or the information contained therein for commercial, political, advertising purposes and for any commercial use, particularly for sending unsolicited emails.
The Owner reserves the right to remove any comments and contributions that violate respect for the dignity of the person, that are discriminatory, xenophobic, racist, pornographic, that pose a threat to youth or childhood, order or public safety or that, in the Owner’s opinion, will not be suitable for publication. In any case, the Owner shall not be responsible for the opinions expressed by users through forums, chats, or other participation tools.
CONTENTS. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
The Owner is the holder of all the intellectual and industrial property rights of its web page, as well as the elements contained therein (by way of example: images, photographs, sound, audio, video, software or texts; trademarks or logotypes, color combinations, structure and design, selection of materials used, computer programs necessary for its operation, access, and use, etc.), belonging to the OWNER or its licensors.
All rights reserved. By virtue of the provisions of Articles 8 and 32.1, paragraph 2, of the Intellectual Property Law, the reproduction, distribution and public communication, including making available to the public of all or part of the contents included in this web page for commercial purposes, through any kind of carrier or technical means, without the authorization of the OWNER, are expressly prohibited.
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
The User accepts that the use of the web page and its contents and services is made under his/her sole responsibility. Specifically, by way of example, the Owner assumes no liability in the following areas:
- The availability of the operation of the web page, its services and contents and its quality or interoperability.
- The purpose for which the web page serves the User’s objectives.
- Infringement by the User or a third party of the legislation in force and, specifically, of the intellectual and industrial property rights belonging to other persons or entities.
- The existence of malicious codes or any other harmful computer element which may be caused by the computer system of the User or third parties. In any case, it is the User’s responsibility to have proper tools for the detection and disinfection of these elements.
- Fraudulent access to the contents or services by unauthorized third parties or, where appropriate, the capture, deletion, alteration, modification, or manipulation of messages and communications of any kind that said third parties may carry out.
- Damage caused to computer equipment during access to the web page and damage caused to the Users when it originates from failures or disconnections in telecommunications networks that interrupt the service.
- Damage or losses resulting from circumstances arising from acts of God or force majeure.
In the event that there are forums, it must be taken into account when using said forums or other similar spaces that the messages reflect only the opinion of the User who posts them, with said User being solely responsible for same. The Owner is not responsible for the contents of the messages sent by the User.
MODIFICATION OF THIS LEGAL NOTICE AND DURATION
The Owner reserves the right to make the modifications it deems appropriate in its portal without prior notice, being able to change, delete, or add any contents and services rendered through its portal, as well as the way in which they are represented or located in its portal.
The validity of the mentioned conditions will depend on their exposure and they will be in force until they are modified by other duly published conditions.
In the event that links or hyperlinks to other Internet sites are included in https://www.patiadiabetes.com/,the Owner will not exercise any type of control over said sites and contents. In no case shall the Owner assume any liability for the contents of any link belonging to a third-party website, nor will it guarantee the technical availability, quality, reliability, accuracy, range, veracity, validity, and constitutionality of any matter or information contained in any of said hyperlinks and other Internet sites. Likewise, the inclusion of these external connections shall not imply any type of association, merger, or participation with the connected entities.
RIGHTS OF EXCLUSION
The Owner reserves the right to deny or revoke access to the portal and/or the services offered without the need for prior warning, at its own initiative or at a third party’s request, to those users who fail to comply with the contents of this legal notice.
The Owner will pursue any breach of these conditions, as well as any improper use of its portal, by exercising all civil and criminal actions that may correspond to it by law.
APPLICABLE LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION
The relationship between the Owner and the User shall be governed by the Spanish regulations in force. All disputes and claims arising from this legal notice shall be resolved by the Spanish courts and tribunals of the consumer and user.
The services provided through this website are intended for users over 18 years of age. Minors under this age are not authorized to use our services and therefore should not send us their personal data. We hereby inform you that if such a circumstance occurs, the Owner is not responsible for the possible consequences that may arise from failure to comply with the notice established in this clause.
SAFETY MEASURES – SSL
The Owner has contracted an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate for its website.
An SSL certificate allows protecting all personal and confidential information that can be handled on a website, regardless of the information being transmitted, such as, for example, any of the contact forms on the website, the server, or the data entered for the subscription of newsletters or access to protected areas, etc.
The website address should appear in green, activating the “https” protocol which allows safe connections from a web server to the user’s browser.